I have been homeschooled all my life and what a blessing these years have been! To have the privilege to study at home, under the tutelage of my sweet Mother, has been something that I have enjoyed and looked forward to every day. I hope and pray that when, LORD-willing, my husband and I are blessed with many little ones, that I will continue this second generation tradition of teaching my sweet little ones at home. The following seven, I give as reasons why:
2. No one can love these children as much as my husband and I do.
3. Instead of having to hear the world’s viewpoint on certain subjects and then come home and hear the Biblical worldview, our children will be filtered from many of the foulness of the public school.
4. Children get a lot of peer pressure in the public school’s society. I want to sheild our children from this, also.
5. Instead of being confined to a classroom in a school with one teacher per subject, my husband and I will teach our children ourselves and the world will be their classroom.
6. Having them learn at home will give them a love of BEING at home. And for the daughters: to train them, right from the start, for their *own* future home. For the sons: to train them in their leading skills.
7. And most importantly, to make God the center of their homeschooling focus. That my husband and I will have the privilege of being able to have children is one thing, but given the responsibility of training our children in His ways is something that is an overwhelming thought, and how much more overwhelming and hard when our children aren’t even at home?
The other day, I passed a school bus on the road and it was filled with little children – ages from about 4-up. It broke my heart seeing these adorable little children away from their parents, heading out into a world without any supervision. Being taught by teachers who don’t love them. Being around other kids who will influence them – mostly for the bad. It is so sad to see parents ‘discarding’ their God-given children, only because they ‘can’t homeschool’, ‘don’t know how to homeschool’, ‘are too busy for that’, etc.
Teaching at home can be one of the biggest and best blessings the LORD will ever give you!